A LOT had happened since then

 I have a hard time thinking of how to start this, out of nowhere I remembered I used to have this small blog... I wondered how many years ago that was... 

looking at it, it has been 8 years! 8! which makes me think of so many things, so here is what I will do


                                   The Persistence of Memory is a 1931 painting by artist Salvador Dalí


I will start making a series of posts and ideas of things that dramatically changed in my life and my perspective since I stopped posting on this blog till this day. 

I have absolutely no idea if anyone is reading this or even know if it exists, so I will mainly be writing it for my future self to look back at it, maybe in another 8 years, and see how the world changed again... perhaps this time to the better. 


Wake up from a coma: 

If someone went on a coma in 2013 and woke up today how would you explain the world to them? that's the closest idea that comes to mind. 

'oh yes that orange troll from the apprentice and home alone cameo became president for a while, people wear masks now because there is a virus which killed millions, stopped travel, changed social interactions and introduced a revolution of what you can do online. Australia caught on fire earlier last year, the climate is in a much worse condition, Palestine is still occupied and people are mostly silent about it...




the sad truth is that most of what happened wasn't surprising, well apart from the whole covid thing, the world wasn't going towards any place good since I stopped posting. This might sound pessimistic but I still don't think it changed direction... 


Personal change: 

On a personal note... man a lot has changed, for starters I live in a completely different country now, I am doing my masters soon in one of the best universities in Europe which is insane, I learned a new language. 

more of that to come in the series, I will try to make it a weekly post in case anyone is reading, if you are reading then hello stranger, take a seat and I will tell you all about what aspired since 2013


see you next time with the first episode (?) of... since 2013? ... might need a better name for this series, work in progress haha

until then, stay safe 

Wissam

Comments

Popular Posts